Mutual Agreement Procedure
Mutual Agreement Procedure (MAP) is a tax dispute settlement method accessible to taxpayers under the DTAAs (Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement) for resolving issues that result in double taxation or taxation that is not in compliance with the DTAAs. MAP can help to eliminate double taxation entirely or in part. The MAP Article is found in almost all of India’s DTAAs, and it provides taxpayers with an extra dispute resolution process in addition to those provided under Indian domestic law. MAP allows a taxpayer to seek assistance regardless of the remedies available under Indian domestic law.
How Does Map Benefit you?
- It eliminates double taxation.
- In circumstances of economic double taxation, the MAP grants relief.
- In situations where automatic assistance, such as tax credits, tax exemptions, and so on, are not available, MAP can help.
Why Choose CM Shah for MAP?
- The form for MAP demands a lot of details, and it can be confusing. Our team, with their expertise in international taxes, will make this process smooth and hassle-free for you.
- We also make sure that your application of MAP is not refused due to any reasons, such as incomplete application, delay in application, unjustified taxpayer’s objection and incomplete documentation.
- Handling complex and tedious tax issues, complying with statutory obligations, and optimally using your resources becomes easy with our expertise.